(PIROXICAM 0.5% W/W)
One gram of the gel contains 5mg of Piroxicam.
Piroxicam is an oxicam derivative and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) useful in the treatment of inflammatory conditions.
Piroxicam inhibit the activity of the enzyme cyclo-oxygenase, resulting in decreased formation of precursors of prostaglandins and thromboxanes from arachidonic acid.
- Musculoskeletal disorders characterized by pain and Inflammation or stiffness.
- Management of Osteoarthritis of superficial joints such as knee and musculoskeletal injuries such as sprains, backaches, muscular aches, cramps and traumatic injuries.
- Treatment of localized pain in the ligaments and tendons around the ankle, knee, elbow and especially where ultrasound may be applied-Gel enhances ultra sound performance.
- Also useful in the management of muscular contraction (under close observation & supervision) resulting from congenital viral infection of the muscles.
- In sports: stimulates and loosen the muscles in preparation for action and especially in tennis ball-elbow condition.
- General muscular pain-myalgia, neuralgia, tenosynovitis and tendinitis. Sprain and Strain.
- NeuroXicam® Gel has been proven to be effective in phonophoresis (introduction of anti-inflammatory drugs through the skin by the use of ultrasound) and lontophoresis (The use of electric current to deliver drugs through the skin).
DOSAGE AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
NeuroXicam® Gel is for cutaneous and sub-cutaneous administration only.
- Massage into the affected area until the gel is entirely absorbed.
- Apply generously, repeat as necessary up to four times daily.
- The amount absorbed will also be increased by application to large area of skin.
NeuroXicam® Gel should not be used in patients who have previously shown a hypersensitivity to the gel pr proxicam.
NeuroXicam® Gel should not be given to patients in whom aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents induce the symtoms of asthma, nasal polyps, angioneurotic oedema or urticaria.
WARNING AND PRECAUTIONS
- If local irritation develops, the use of the gel should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted as necessary.
- Keep away from the eyes and mucosal surfaces. Do not apply to any site affected by open skin lesions, dermatoses or infection.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
NeuroXicam® Gel is well tolerated. Mild to moderate local irritation, erythema, pruritus and dermatitis may occur at the application site.
Over dosage is unlikely to occur with this topical preparation.
NeuroXicam® Gel is presented in 25g tube.
Store below 300C. Protect from light and moisture.