(Chlorhexidine Digluconate 7.1% Equivalent to 4% Chlorhexidine)
1g of the gel contains 40mg of Chlorhexidine
Application of 7.1% Chlorhexidine Digluconate (delivering 4% Chlorhexidine) to the umbilical cord stump prevents infection for a long period of time and saves newborn lives.
Chlorhexidine is a bisbiguanide antiseptic and disinfectant that is bactericidal or bacteriostatic against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It is more effective against Gram-positive than Gram-negative bacteria and some species of pseudomonas.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE OF CHLORXY-G GEL
- Before application of Chlorhexidine, ensure the baby is warm and is wrapped properly exposing only the naval area.
- Wash hands properly with soap and water before piercing the tube
- Use the sharp protuberance of the lid to break the inner shield of the tube.
- Apply 3g (a circular shaped mass approximately 2.5cm in diameter) of Chlorxy-G Gel (4% Chlorhexidine) gel on the cord stump, immediately after cord cutting using the index finger. Application should be done daily for the next 7 days
- Apply nothing on the cord and keep the cord clean and dry.
Chlorxy-G Gel is available as 4% Chlorhexidine gel in 25g tube.
Store below 30OC. Protect from light.