- About Drugfield
NeuroGesic® Greaseless ointment
Stronger than pain
NeuroGesic® is a greaseless and stainless ointment containing 15% Methylsalicylate and 5% Menthol. Due to its very powerful and deep penetrating active ingredients, NeuroGesic® is a very fast acting and efficient counter irritant and analgesic preparation.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
In addition to the inhibitory action of Methylsalicylate on prostaglandin biosynthesis, the mechanism of action of salicylates in Rheumatic disease, may also involve effects on other cellular immunological processes in mesenchymal and connective tissues. Methylsalicylate acts by inhibiting the action of cyclo-oxygenase enzyme which is the main enzymes responsible for the production of prostaglandins from fatty acids.
Fatty acids in all somatic cells and PG's have been implicated in the production of pains. The Menthol provides a soothing relief to sore and aching muscles. Menthol when applied to the skin causes dilation of the blood vessels, causing a sensation of coldness, followed by analgesic effect; it also relieves itching in pruritis and urticaria.
• NeuroGesic® provides relief from muscular aches, swelling and stiffness associated with rheumatism and musculo-skeletal disorders.
• NeuroGesic® provides sustained relief from arthritis, backaches, muscles aches, sprains and other traumatic injuries.
• NeuroGesic® provides fast soothing relief to sore and aching muscles.
THE IMPORTANCE OF NEUROGESIC® IN SPORTS
• NeuroGesic provides relief to sprains, muscular pains and rheumatism and arthritis that are hazardous ailments to sportsmen.
• Rheumatism is characterized by pain, stiffness and swollen muscles and joints.
• Sprains occur after use of excessive muscular force. Sprain happens when the joints is forced to move beyond its normal range of motion.
• NeuroGesic® penetrates quickly deep down to the troubled spots killing the pain sensation and producing a warming effect in the site of pain thus providing a rapid relief.
• NeuroGesic® therefore provides fast relief from muscular and joint pains, rheumatism, cramps and sporting injuries.
DIRECTION OF USE
Apply generously and massage gently into the affected area until NeuroGesic® disappears into the skin. Repeat up to four times daily.
WARNING AND CONTRA-INDICATION
NeuroGesic® is for external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, broken or irritated skin. Keep away from children and store in cool dry place. If allergic reaction occurs, discontinue usage.
Available in tubes of 35g and 85g
NAFDAC CERTIFICATE NUMBER: 04-1828
DRUGFILED PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
Lynson Chemical Avenue,
Km 38 Lagos- Abeokuta Expressway,